There is so much pressure to be a certain kind of person- charming, slightly flirtatious, funny, drinker, smoker. There is no scope to be anything else. You cannot be a quiet person or an introvert. Its like everyone has to be like a robot with the same, standard qualities. There is no appreciation for a diverse group.
I sneaked out at 9.15 pm. I’d rather be home doing my thing than getting bored in another part of the city. And Hard Rock Cafe in Mumbai sucks. They didn’t play 1 rock song till 9.15 pm.
I am from Gujarat where the only drinking was at home and we looked down on our uncles who drank… ‘coz they were drunkards and could not hold their liquor My parents disapprove of drinking and smoking. I first tasted liquor in engg college and hated it. In B school it was more of a fad. Now I hardly drink… I don’t like the taste… I am afraid of hangovers… I don’t like feeling high… and instead of making me horny, liquor just makes me sleepy. 30 ml of anything can get me high… Also, I have been driving for 4 years and drinking and driving is against my ethics.
I don’t smoke and don’t like inhaling second hand smoke. Sometimes I wish I could smoke. Its quite an advantage in the corporate world where smoke breaks are also used for networking. But the idea of putting my lungs through that torture is not appealing.
So, I don’t smoke or drink (much) or network … I am so doomed.
Anyway… I have linked the weight loss and beauty blog here. I will revive them tomorrow (technically- today).
I started dieting (healthy eating) last week but then my groceries got over and the whole thing fell of the bandwagon. I joined the super expensive Gold’s Gym ‘coz I don’t have the motivation to work out at home. KC is my mojo and he is not here. I thought being away from KC would give me more time for stuff but I am just not motivated enough.
So, the plan is this:
- Workout in the gym everyday- preferably in the morning since evenings are not always possible. The good part is- the gym is open till 11 pm. But waking up early will take time. I need to change my sleeping habits
- Stock up on . Everything goes for a toss if there are no eggs at home. Will buy enough for 2 weeks
- Make b’fast… I manage to have eggs for b’fast every morning
- Give up rice… Will switch to brown rice from tomorrow
- Give up dinner… have stopped having dinner… I eat my last meal before 7 pm and then have soup at home
- Manage during parties… this is the most difficult part. What are the healthy options in a corporate party??? The starters? The liquor? The “Real” juices? The cold drink? I don’t have a solution to this