I was typing a comment on Madmomma’s blog on the Osama death and decided to put it in the post also.
She wanted people’s views on the incident. Here is my reply:
I do not believe it at all… everything sounds fishy:
– Osama conveniently dies when elections are near
– There is no proof- no photos or dead body
– If Islamic tenets mean so much, why was Saddam’s body not buried at sea? Why was his hanging video taped?
– How could USA have enter Pak air space without PAK not realizing it?
– Osama was staying near the army and Pak was clueless?
– There was firing for 40 mins and Pak army was unaware?
– Was Obama tired of waging a war with 2 countries and withdrawing would mean USA is a failure and coward. Was this a clever way of ending the war? I hope so.
Even if pics are released, who knows what Osama looks like now? Wouldn’t a smart man cut his beard and get a makeover after newspapers released his pics?
Sorry, I am not buying it. Will USA use this excuse to start a war with Pakistan? I hope not.
Anyway, coming back to India and specifically to Gurgaon…
Weekend was ok types… I caught up with a friend… caught up with movies… bought a GPS device (Yes… directions from people are completely unreliable)… we drove all the way to CP for a yummy dinner at Kake ka dhaba. Totally worth it and so damn cheap.