It has been a frustrating day. Apart from work woes I missed my driving classes (more on this later)… and to relieve my stress I went for some retail therapy. I went to Big Bazaar to buy a body scrub but could not find it and ended blowing money on crap I am never going to eat. Atleast they accept Sodexho meal vouchers (my company has started giving us Sodexho meal vouchers as part of our salary… I have to search for places to use them). Sigh!!!
I am not even thinking about this weekend in Rajkot. I will be so bored I might end up working.
Some good things I want to talk about:
- On my B’day Tangy posted the below poem on the FB Wall:
It’s a perfect multiplation,
Feel the vibe, enjoy the fascination,
It’s a perfect situation,
This poem might seem to have have an ugly word combination,
Once again this is your Day,
Enjoy it in entirety in your unique way,
Wishing happy birthday to you,
And may all your dreams come true,
Get high tonight, even if it is on Red Bull
Happy happy birthday again to you Bulbul
It reminded me of my B’day 2 years back in B’glore. I had worked all day in the heat, fell ill and went to bed early. I didn’t even have the energy to answer the phone. The day I was supposed to leave for Chennai Tangy met up with me in CCD on Brigade road. He gifted me a pair of wooden bangles (I still have them) and I was touched. It was the only B’day gift I received that year.
Thanks Tangy… again.
- Appu called sometime back to tell me that Sakshi and Siddarth won Splitsville and it is good I didn’t ask Joanna at the airport about the winners. She would have murdered me.
- KC has decided to stay home and play Scrabble with me all night instead of meeting his friends. Sweet!!!
Now for the driving classes… I bought a car last month. I have been planning to buy one for a year now… come to think of it, if I would have purchased it last year the car loan would have been paid off by now. I learned to drive 2 years back (I remember writing about it on my blog and Gunj’s comments… and Nick letting me drive his car in A’bad). Since then I have not touched a car. But last week I wanted to take KC, his bro and bro’s friend for a drive. The other two were unaware about the lack of my driving skills and KC was holding on to his life. I could not drive it well and the car stopped in the middle of a busy road. That was the end of the drive. KC nagged me into learning to drive all over again. I spent half hour making “8” on the ground in the car. Today I practised using the clutch and accelerator such that the car doesn’t stop on a stimulator… and my car will come to Rajkot on Monday.
Yippie!!! I just need to find a driver by then.
I am watching Lipstick Jungle on Starworld… I have read the book… hope the series is good.
Don’t mind the weird title.. I just cleaned my purse. I have to clean it every week ‘coz it gets infested with numerous bills.
I am exhausted today… I traveled upcountry after quite sometime. Thankfully, even in the heat there is a cool wind blowing which makes being outdoors bearable.
The pros of staying in small towns/villages is that life moves so slowly. People have lot of time on their hands… (Sorry… had gone to take my turn in 5 games of Scrabble… am back now)… they live in bungalows which is a mere dream for people living in cities… Nobody is in a hurry. In short, it is a different life.
These days I am addicted to Scrabble on Facebook… the obsession started with Pathwords… have not played it in a while… have to beat KC and Tangy’s score but 1300 seems impossible right now. I then moved on to Scramble.. still trying to beat Tangy’s score there… hope to succeed soon… and now it is Scrabble… there is nothing better than playing it online with KC and RT. Who says we need to meet up to play games. Internet is the best invention for this lonely, fast paced world.
Another good thing about Scrabble is that you can start a game with anybody in the world… you never who you will end up playing against… some guys are using this as a means to chat up girls but as long as they play the entire game I don’t mind… women tend to come and go and the game drags on for days.
Anyway.. good night… need to go back to playing games.
I came across this book in Landmark. The journalists must have worked round the clock to get this book published so soon. It is amazing… as soon as a tragic events rocks the world authors/journalists write books about them to cash in on people’s curiosity.
There was another book also on 26/11.
It is a good book… every chapter is detailed and everything has been thoroughly researched.
Definitely worth a read since what we know of 26/11 is gleaned from the inaccurate News channels.
PS: Happy belated B’day Tangy
Tangy had posted a link on facebook, for the very bored people, of unnecessary facts…
My favorites are:
- Any month that starts on a Sunday will have a Friday the 13th
- Honey is the only food that does not spoil
- The past tense of the word “dare” is “durst”
- The fingerprints of a Koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they can be easily confused at a crime scene
- More money is spent each year on alcohol and cigarettes than on life insurance
- All the clocks in the movie ‘Pulp Fiction’ are stuck on 4:20
- A female orgasm is a powerful painkiller (because of release of endorphins), so headaches are in fact a bad excuse not to have sex
- It’s estimated that at any one time around 0.7% of the world’s population is drunk
- China has more English speakers than the United States
- During periods a woman’s middle finger shrinks. No one knows why
- If you put a drop of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death
- You are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider
- The first owner of Malboro company died of lung cancer
- It was the custom in Ancient Rome for the men to place their right hand on their testicles when taking an oath. The modern term ‘testimony’ is derived from this tradition
- Einstein couldn’t speak fluently until after this 9th b’day. His parents thought he was mentally retarded
- A rat can last longer without water than a camel
- M &M’s were developed so that soldiers to could eat candy without getting their fingers sticky
- Turtles can breathe through their butts