This is what has already been done:
– Unpacking… except for KC’s 1 backpack (KC, hope you are reading this)
– Found a maid … my old one.
– Found a cook… KC’s regular cook. The problem is her excessive use of oil for cooking and gossiping skills. Hate it when cook and maid get together and gossip.
– All electrical appliances
– Gas connection. Bharat Gas is super good. I transferred my connection from Mumbai and got a cylinder the very next day. The staff was also quick. Unlike, HP whose Gurgaon centre (Manjit Gas agency) sucks… and their staff is very rude.
– Internet connection… the first thing I install in any house. I harassed the executive till 9 pm ‘coz he delayed activation. I transferred my Tikona connection from Mumbai… very happy with the service and speed.
– Groceries. Check. Need to buy veggies…
– Cable connection. Got it done today. Got Tata Sky ‘coz our local cable took 3 days to turn up. The executive called me within 1 hour of my call to the customer care. This time I went for Cash on Delivery instead of paying in advance.
– Newspaper. Got it done today.
– New contact no. Got a personal number. Will get the official number once I join work
– Washing clothes. We bought the clothes rack yesterday and there are piles of clothes for washing. It will take me 2 days to get through them.. mainly ‘coz there is limited drying space. I can wash the next lot once this one dries. Thank god for the sunny, hot weather
– Curtains. Need to put up curtains in all rooms… need them desperately to keep out the heat specially in our bedroom
– Parking. Need to get parking for the car in the building. Will do this today. 5 mins work
– Clear clutter. The maid will clear this tomorrow
– Clean couch. Need to vacuum it tomorrow.
– Salon. Need to desperately visit the salon for a mani pedi and face clean up. I am hating my nails right now.
I had planned to start my diet and workout from today but I don’t feel upto it. I am just so exhausted. I need to rest a little and maybe start from Sunday.
I will join work from Thursday. Thank god, I have 3 days to unwind.