I was talking to a friend yesterday and he was telling me how he has changed after all his relationship break ups. He has become unreliable and unpredictable. There was a time – 10 years back, his USP was his reliability.
That got me thinking. What happens when things don’t work out- personally or professionally? We always have 3 choices:
– Continue being who I am. If I start listening to everything everyone has to say, I will be a complete mess.
– Change for the better. If someone close to me gives me feedback- positive or negative I listen to it, and try and make changes. KC’s feedback (since its so rare) is always welcome. I only listen to negative feedback from people I respect. If I don’t respect you, even though you maybe a friend, I will not care.
– Change for the worse. I think its horrible to lose the best things about yourself. That is detrimental. No matter what the experience/incident you should preserve who you are at the core. It is difficult… being yourself despite everything is the most difficult thing in the world. It is a battle I fight everyday… every minute of my life but that is the most important battle.
While chatting with a friend I realized that the most important part of a successful relationship is:
– Knowing who you are and liking/loving yourself. If you don’t love yourself you cannot love someone else. Nobody else can compensate for the lack of love. Ultimately, this is what leads to insecurity
– Having the freedom to be yourself in the relationship. If you are pretending to be someone else or have to apologize for who are… run away from your partner
I have revived my fitness blog and posted this week’s menu and workout plan. Do check it out here : http://fadtofit.wordpress.com/