I spent Friday night downloading English music… not new songs… but old melodies which are stuck in my head… which bring back memories. Here are my favourites:
- Part time lovers by Stewie Wonder- This is song is very special. At home we have owned only 2 tapes/music systems. The 1st one portable and played cassettes. It had orange buttons. In those days, English music tapes were expensive and my sis saved money to buy them as a teenager. I loved this song but over the years the cassette was lost. I have been looking for it since then. Btw, the song ‘Na jaane kahan se aayi hai’ in Chaalbaaz is inspired from this one
- I love you from ‘Runaway bride’: This was the first movie we watched in a multiplex in A’bad. My mama had taken us. I love this song….
- Dr Jones by Aqua: Aqua was a fun band and we played its songs over and over and over as a teenager. Dr Jones is the best one out of all their songs… even better than ‘Barbie girl’
- Desert Rose by Sting: What a classic… it never goes out of fashion. The perfect travel song
- The Real Slim Shady by Eminem: The best one from him… the video is hilarious. I have spent a lot of nights watching late night MTV when this song was released…
- Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz: Listen it once and you will get addicted
- Mysterious Girl by Peter Andre: Tacky but loved it as a teen… Peter is soooo hot
- Smack my bitch up by Prodigy: Everyone should watch the video once…
- Du Hast by Ramstein: This was the theme song in TAPMI- my B school. It was played in all functions- informal ones.
- I want you by Savage Garden: A good boy band… this one is my fav
- Others: Pretty Fly by Offsprings, Fast car by Tracy Chapman, 5678 by Steps, Unbreak my heart by Toni Braxton, Heal the world by Michael Jackson
I managed to revamp my balcony this weekend. It was overdue for a month. I was tired of the boring, plastic, monochromatic pots. I purchased colorful pots and new plants. It looks much better now.
- Pizza base- available in all bakeries and supermarkets
- Pizza sauce- you can prepare this but why bother when readymade is available. I liked the one by Nestle of the brand Maggi. It will be available where imported items are sold
- Oregano- available in all supermarkets
- Cheese cubes
- Mozzarella cheese- Amul brand
- Veggies for toppings- chopped tomato, onion, capsicum, corn, mushrooms, olives, jalapenos- anything and everything you like