We just returned home with a new car… but more on that in the next post. This post is NOT about the car.
I have a box of cherries at home. They were purchased on the weekend… it is too much for one person but the store guy was not selling them loose. I started looking up recipes to make something with them and have saved some. Due to lack of time I could not buy the necessary ingredients and the cherry dessert will have to wait till tomorrow.
During the search for a recipe, I came across one for chocolate macaroons. It is extremely simple and made with ingredients at home. I came home and within half an hour had a plate of beautiful, tasty macaroons. They are not typical macaroons- for that I would have to make 2 parts and filling in between.
They are more like cookies… but soft and gooey.
I am posting the recipe below… will have to search where I copied from.
– 2 egg whites
– 1 cup ground almonds
– 3 tbsp cocoa
– 1 and half cup powdered sugar
– Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. I did not have any so used oil. I think parchment paper would have been better. I used a muffin tray since I did not want the batter to spread out and become one flat cookie.
– Mix all the ingredients till it becomes a cohesive mixture.
– Fill a large bowl with cold water and wet your hand before rolling the mixture into small balls.
– Arrange on the tray and bake for 11 mins.
KC was not happy with the soft texture. I prefer it soft and gooey rather than hard. I kept licking the batter off my fingers… it was that tasty. I don’t know why they are called macaroons… maybe because they cannot be termed as cookies.