One fine day while looking for recipes for different desserts I realized I cannot try most of them ‘coz I need gelatin. I could not find the ingredient in any super/hyper market. After more than a month of search I managed to find it in a small shop in Chandivali. But then I could not find the recipes. The same thing happened with another ingredient- cinnamon and also muffin moulds.
Anyway, I have wanted to try muffins for a long time now. After hours of waiting for KC I started baking with a vengeance. The recipe is from Anita’s blog (www.sliceofmylyfe.blogspot.com).
- Oil – 1/2 cup (you can use butter also if you want)- I used butter
- Eggs – 3 large
- Flour – 1 cup (Maida)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup (Normal atta)
- Sugar – 2/3 cup
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Dark Choco Chips – 1 cup (milk will do too) – I used blocks of Cadbury’s dairy milk and chopped them to bits. I used Bournville dark chocolate. Bring the chocolate at room temperature and break into small pieces
- Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oats- 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder – 1tbsp
- Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence. Whisk as you want, but it wouldn’t turn fluffy and creamy as a mixture with butter would. But I would suggest that you whisk it well for about 15 minutes or more. I used a beater (attachment with Morphy Richards) for 5 mins
- Mix together the dry ingredients i.e flours, oats, sugar and baking powder and chocolate chips
- With a spatula fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Try not to over mix and thats the key to good cup cakes/muffins .
- Pour into a lined cupcake moulds. Bake in a preheated oven for at 180C for about 15-20 minutes till the skewer comes out clean
They taste good and are healthier ‘coz of oats, wheat flour (instead of only maida).
Waiting for KC’s verdict.
Next weekend: Cup cakes with tutti fruti.