Hiya. This week has been nice. I love mid week holidays. They are non chore days. I cannot wake up on Thursday with a list in my head. The lists are for the weekend. We had nothing to do on Republic day since we could not get passes for the parade. I was told tickets are for losers. Anyway, 26th Jan’12 bright, early and sunny. The day was beautiful. My friend AB told me he was going for a picnic to Lodi Gardens. I decided to head there as well. We had planned to go to the garden last month but it didn’t work out. To avoid checking, we took the metro to Jor Bagh. The garden was crowded… all the Delhi families had come there to soak in the sun. And they had come with preparation- home made food, cards, cricket gear, badminton rackets, liqour, floor mats etc. I got to know later that Lodi gardens and India Gate are a draw during the winters. It is the ideal place to hang out. It was quite nice. We walked around the garden and visited the monuments. I was shocked to see people drinking liqour. Lodi Gardens is the most posh place in Delhi. Dignitaries live around there. If decent families can drink liqour in the open on Republic day, anything can happen. I mean, what are we teaching our kids? Sigh!!!
Hiya… sorry, I have been gone too long. Life has been busy and the winter is making me lazy. Moving means letting go of the conserved heat and I try to do less of that.
- I had the best Jazz class last week. The senior instructor P is amazing… she has to enter the class and I feel good. I look forward to seeing her… she dances like a dream… and she inspires. WOW!!! And its not just talent… but also loads of hard work.
- So many sales are going on right now. Please check out Promod. I have never entered the store ‘coz it is pricey. On Saturday, I just checked out the sale and it was a genuine one. Upto 70% meant actual clothes at 70% off. I bought a skirt priced at 3650 bucks for only 1090 bucks. How cool is that? I shopped like crazy… went back the next day too. And again the 3rd day (did not find anything I had not bought on the 3rd day).
- Mango sale sucks…. they just bring trash from somewhere. Clothes look like seconds. Please avoid
- My company just gifted us a Sony Home Theater. I have wanted one for quite sometime but we didn’t want to splurge. Watching movies is a whole new experience. I do not fall asleep watching movies anymore
- Sunday was quite hectic. We stayed up till 1 am on Saturday night watching movie on Blu Ray DVD (Scarface) and then a marathon session of Big Bang Theory. Waking up at 11 next morning was torture. I will never go against my body clock again. Sleep by midnight, at max. After a late and lazy b’fast at Choko La (details in next post) I rushed for my dance class… after which we rushed to buy groceries, shop and have dinner. Too much rushing around
- Gym has been ignored completely ‘coz of dance. We have the winter workshop performance on 28th Jan’12 at SiriFort. From 3 hours a week, I have to attend classes for 5 hours per week (1.5 hours on 2 weekdays and 2 hours on Sundays). It gets hectic but is a lot of fun.
- I am tired of feeling cold all the time, waiting for 2-3 days for the clothes to dry, not seeing the sun for days, waking up to foggy mornings… I want the sun and the warmth. Will this cold end already?
- What is worse than a Delhite telling you it is not cold enough? A mumbaite telling you it is not cold enough.
Hiya… I had gone for a sales conference to Pune. I dislike conferences, corporate parties etc etc… I used to hate them. The hatred has lessened. I do not understand the fun and joy in drinking, dancing and interacting for 4 hours and more. 1 hour is my limit… after that I am ready to shoot myself. Anyway, 3 days were spent in Pune attending presentations at the end of which I won an award for best sales performance in my channel. It felt good.
Hiya. I just finished with my appraisal. It was a sham… ratings have been sent 10 days back and yet there butterflies in my stomach. I think a good appraisal is one where you know what feedback to expect. You should know what is going to be said. So, I guess it was good. Another challenge beckons tomorrow… I need to accomplish it else consequences will be devastating.
Hiya… I have been gone long… really long. No, I was not busy… atleast not last week. No, I was not out of town or stressed… atleast not last week. I don’t know why I didn’t post. I did have things to say but could not bring myself to type. I cannot even call it writer’s block.
- Monday evening/night was great. I had the greatest time dancing. I have had a love hate relationship with dance. I was loved to dance as a kid… I would perform in school, at weddings, participate in competitions. The affair came to an end when a friend in school remarked that I don’t look good when I dance. Don’t ask me why. I was taken aback. I stopped dancing. Now when I think back it was not the remark but the fact that I was entering my teens and felt awkward in my body. I could only let go on the dance floor after a few drinks at B-school parties (never touched liqour before that). When I joined the Jazz class 3 years back I didn’t enjoy it one bit but went anyway since it was some timepass on the weekend. I felt uncomfortable and didn’t even stick around for 3 months. This time I had no intention of learning to dance. It was something extra to do… a hobby, also an activity to help me keep fit or even lose weight. Nothing more… For 3 months, I felt awkward. Our instructors always tell the new students that for 3 months we will look like chimpanzees and its ok. It is only in the 4th month that things change. So true. We were made to do exercises like- looking at our self in the mirror and saying “I love you”. No kidding. It was so silly at first. Now I understand the importance. We were made to Jazz walk (something like Cat walk) in class. Now I can walk with confidence and look at myself in the mirror. I have come a long way. On Monday, the seniormost instructor- P had taken class… she is damn good. Our regular instructor- S was out of town. Before leaving, she told me that I performed really, really well. I am actually moving my body and should stand in front instead of middle. Everyone clapped for me. It is a long, long, long way for someone who did not want to learn dance and could not imagine enjoying it. I love the dance classes… I can let go… the music does amazing things to my body. I don’t know why but my regular instructor- S has never appreciated me even once. Its kinda disappointing.
- Watched Dirty Picture… It was pathetic. There was no heart, the dialogues were just dialogues… Vidya has not acted.. she has just spoken dialogues… I didn’t understand it… I don’t understand the character… one moment, she was ok with her sexuality and flaunting and next moment she was craving society’s acceptance. Only Nasseruddin Shah was tolerable… the others were horrible.
- Watched Puss in Boots… loved it. The 3D was superb. This is what it should be like. I hate it when the movie is 2D with 3D thrown in… I have to keep removing the glasses and putting them on. So bugging. KC didn’t enjoy it too much but I liked it. Worth a watch.
- It is appraisals week and it makes me tense. I know whats done is done… but yet. I finished off my team’s appraisals yesterday and I hope it has been fair. Now, I am waiting for mine. My career decisions for next year will depend on this appraisal. I am a little de-motivated right now. Last 2 days have been exhausting. Thank god, the week is almost over.
- KC has been unwell. It is weird living with an ill person…. it is quite frustrating when someone insists on going to work and refuses to go to the doctor when ill. Finally, he took the day off yesterday and we visited a doctor.
- Money problems are looming over our head this month… LIC is screwing with us… the long waits at the phone calls… stupid processes… so many demand notes… oof!!! Frustrating!! Dealing with all of this on the week days is tiring.
- I cooked schezwan fried rice and noodles on Sunday. Its quite simple… same cooking method has to be used for both. For schezwan I added the ready made sauce available in the market. It was quite good.
Hiya… it has been a busy week and will continue like this. I skipped gym 3 days in a row since I was exhausted but now the schedule is back on track.