I cooked Thai red curry today. Its was ok kinds. I do like Thai food as a variation but would not be able to survive on it. I remember eating authentic Thai food in Bangkok and not liking it too much.
But… Thai food is quite healthy except for the coconut milk since coconut has a lot of calories.
Here is the recipe taken from Tarla Dalal’s website:
– Red curry paste- Ching’s has launched a readymade red curry paste… available in hypermarkets. In case you cannot find it, the recipe is below
– Coconut milk- readymade available of various brands- 200 ml
– Cornflour- 1 tbsp mixed in water
– 1/2 tbsp soya sauce
– basil leaves, chopped
– vegetables- mushrooms, corn, zuchini, capsicum, broccoli- whatever takes your fancy
Heat oil. Fry the red curry paste. Mix coconut milk and corn flour and add it to the paste. Add soya sauce, basil leaves. Microwave the vegetables in water to make them tender. Alternatively, you can add them to the coconut milk and mixture and simmer for 10 mins. Add salt and Thai seasoning (optional if you can find it in the market). Boil till curry thickens.
Serve with rice.
Recipe for red paste:
– 10 red chillies, soaked in warm water for 10 mins and drained
– 1 onion, chopped
– 4 cloves garlic
– 1 tsp ginger grated
– 2 lemongrass stalks
– 6 stalks of coriander
– 1 tsp coriander powder
– 2 tsp jeera powder
– 1/2 tsp white peppercorn
– 1/2 tsp salt
Grind above ingredients to a paste with a little water.