I have completed 3 years this month and here are pearls of wisdom:
- Don’t trust anyone… not friends or foes or even family working in the same company
- Don’t believe anything unless it is given in writing
- Even if something is written… read between the lines
- The organization does not give a damn about the employees
- Employees only care about furthering their own career
- There is nothing like “company loyalty”. Loyalty has to be bought with money and good profile
- The average burn out time for an employee is between 3-5 years
- There is an agenda behind every gesture… good or bad. Be aware about the big picture
- Put everything on e-mail… and I mean EVERYTHING.
I am not sure what I like about corporate life… I have realized all that I don’t like.
I hope in the next 2-3 years I get to know what I like.